Coconut Rocky Road NoBake Piles of NomNomNom - these are definitely no longer Paleo

I started with this recipe here.
I think that she even found the recipe elsewhere.
I messed with it. Like I does.

I added vanilla.
and salt
and marshmallows!!
and mixed up the fat combination

and they are goo-oood!

Oh, and they don't have any peanuts, so bonus if you have an allergy?



Recipe:

1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup mixed healthy oils (I used a blend of coconut oil, olive oil and some Earth Balance)
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup almond butter
1 pinch of salt (I have low blood pressure, so I need to add salt to everything)

-- Melt all of the above together in a medium saucepan on medium low--
-- Remove from heat--
--Stir in--

1 splash of vanilla (no I didn't measure the vanilla, do you actually measure the vanilla??)

--Add--

1 cup shredded coconut (I used sweetened, cause it is what I had)
1 cup almonds (use whatever nut you have)
1 T cinnamon (Yes, you do need the cinnamon. It does make a difference)

--Stir--

--Looks too thin right?--

--Add--

1 big ol' handful of mini marshmallows (no, I didn't measure those either. no, it doesn't really matter how many you add. Just stir them in until it looks right. You aren't going to mess it up.)

--Drop by big spoonfuls onto parchment or wax paper or whatever isn't going to stick lined baking sheet or plate or whatever will fit in your fridge--

NOW FOR THE HARDEST PART - PLACE THEM INTO THE REFRIGERATOR AND WAIT

the original recipe said 30 minutes - mine took longer than that. you could try the freezer if you are desperate 

ENJOY!!

And leave me a comment!



No comments: